Having your pool builder in Del Mar build you a swimming pool in your backyard is one of the greatest features you can add to your home. But why stop there? Like every other part of your house, your pool can be made to look better and be more versatile in many different ways.
In order to help you get the most out of your swimming pool, we created a list of popular pool landscaping options that every homeowner should consider adding to their pool. Read on to learn how to create a truly lovely and unique swimming pool.
How can I improve my pool area?
Having a gorgeous, modern-looking swimming pool is more than just a way to make your home look better: it also increases the value of your property, makes you enjoy your free time more, and gives you a lasting sense of pride.
Here are the top 3 features you can add to your swimming pool:
1. Water features
Waterfalls and fountains go hand-in-hand with swimming pools. In addition to making your pool look better, these features can also help you relax by splashing your shoulders and head while you’re sitting in your pool.
2. Underwater LED lighting
Dynamic lights can truly make your swimming pool pop. They’re especially useful at night, because they remove the need for additional lighting around your pool. On top of all that, pool lights are very energy-efficient so you won’t have to worry about getting a high energy bill.
3. Colored swimming pool finish
The days when white pool walls were the norm are long gone, and for good reason. A well-chosen color makes a swimming pool look infinitely more inviting and natural, and can be used to truly make the pool feel like an integral part of your property.
What do you put around a pool?
When it comes to designing the area around your swimming pool, your options are basically limitless. You can use this opportunity to enhance not just your pool area, but also create a unique look for your entire backyard.
Consider adding some or all of the following:
- A decorative patio is a great thing to have for those times when you want to relax next to your pool without exposing yourself to the scorching afternoon sun.
- Umbrellas. If you don’t like patios, you can still provide yourself with some shade by getting a few beach umbrellas and umbrella stands for your backyard.
- An outdoor kitchen is an absolutely awesome thing to have if you’re going to be hosting pool parties and other outdoor events.
- Privacy plants. No one likes to have their neighbors or passers-by watch them while they lounge around their swimming pool in their swimwear. To further beautify your backyard, consider getting a natural plant barrier in lieu of a standard fence.
- Flowers, shrubs, and greenery. Planting colorful flowers and shrubs around your pool is an excellent way to create a more natural look and make your backyard all the more beautiful.
Where can I find a dependable pool builder in Del Mar?
Building or renovating a pool is a construction project like any other, and therefore should never be entrusted to an inexperienced or “budget” contractor. Doing so is likely to produce a low-quality pool and may even result in costly and dangerous problems such as leaks and microbial infestations.
That’s why you should always outsource your pool renovations and construction to an award-winning contractor like So Cal Custom Pools & Spas.
Want to have a pool similar to the Kearny Mesa Pool built on your property? Or perhaps you wish to have an existing pool resurfaced? Whatever your pool-related needs may be, rest assured we can deliver. Get in touch with us today!