If you’re like most Americans, you likely dream of having a swimming pool in your backyard or even inside your home. Chances are, you’re also worried that building and maintaining a good pool may simply be too expensive or that you may end up not using it all that much.
Don’t be! Few things in life are certain, but one thing we can almost guarantee is that you’ll never regret hiring a reputable pool builder in Carlsbad. Aside from their obvious uses, swimming pools bring many benefits most people are unaware of.
That’s what we’ll be focusing on in this article. Keep reading to learn why a swimming pool is a great choice for most homeowners and how having a swimming pool can significantly increase the value of your property.
What are the top reasons to have a swimming pool?
In addition to boosting the visual appeal of your property, a pool can actually improve your life and the lives of your loved ones long-term. No, we’re not exaggerating.
By having a swimming pool, you’ll be:
- Encouraging family time by creating a fun and relaxing place that you can enjoy with your kids and significant other. Barbequing by the pool, teaching your children to swim, and playing with them in the water will create memories that you’ll always cherish.
- Staying healthy and saving money by being able to exercise in your pool rather than having to drive to the gym or pay for a public pool such as the Ned Baumer Aquatic Center. Swimming offers a full-body workout with minimal risk of injury, and since you’re using your own pool there’s no chance of catching a waterborne disease from a stranger.
- Keeping your kids safe by giving them a place where they can play endlessly with their friends and cousins without having to leave their backyard. What’s more, swimming can greatly strengthen a child’s lungs and lessen or even completely prevent chronic respiratory conditions such as asthma or allergies.
- Setting the stage for great parties. Even if you’re not a party type yourself, your kids will definitely want to throw a party or two once they become teenagers.
- Boosting the value of your property and getting a high return on your investment if you ever decide to sell your house.
Is it worth having a pool?
“All that sounds great, but what about the expenses?” we hear you ask. While building a swimming pool is an investment (building one counts as a construction project, after all), the reality is that it’s nowhere near as costly to build and maintain as it used to be a few decades ago.
In fact, an inground swimming pool can actually pay for itself. The National Association of Realtors has determined that a pool boosts a home’s value by a good 4-6%. The real estate value of a $500,000 house would, therefore, be increased by $20 – 30,000.
Furthermore, pools serve as great vacation spots. Why waste exorbitant amounts of money on traveling and cruises, when you could instead enjoy a “staycation” in your backyard? This will save you money in the long run and avoid the risks associated with traveling.
Where can I hire a reliable pool builder in Carlsbad?
Building an inground swimming pool or spa is a complex construction project that should never be entrusted to an inexperienced or cut-rate builder. As the top pool contractor in Carlsbad, So Cal Custom Pools & Spas can provide you with first-rate pools and spas that make the most of your available space.
Reach out to us today so that you too may benefit from our award-winning expertise, state-of-the-art equipment, and reasonable pricing system. Contact us today!