Whether you’re looking to construct a brand new swimming pool or give an existing one a makeover, you can’t go wrong by enhancing its appearance and functionality with a few state-of-the-art upgrades.
Keep on reading to discover some of the latest pool features San Diego swimming pool builders can add to your home in 2020.
What are 3 swimming pool trends in 2020?
Here are 3 modern upgrades experienced builders can add to your pool:
- Seamless pool edges enable you to truly make the pool a part of the surrounding landscape. The end result is a uniquely pleasing and modern design that traditional swimming pools simply can’t replicate.
- Fire features. There’s no better way to add both elegance and nighttime drama to a poolscape than by implementing fire features. The fire-and-water theme can be further improved by adding a low-level firepit or fire table to your patio area.
- Smart LED pool lighting. Although moonlight swimming has its advantages, nothing really sets the mood quite as well as smart pool lighting does. Not only is cutting-edge pool lighting able to change color on demand, it can also be synchronized and automated to perfectly fit the occasion, mood, and time of day.
What is the most popular pool color?
These days, the most popular pool finish color is medium grey, as it gives the water in the pool a gorgeous blue tint. If you want to add more depth and reflective quality to your pool, consider using darker colors such as deeper shades of gray. Darker finishes are used to create the look of a natural pond or lake.
Consider the following when choosing the color of your pool:
- Look and feel. Are you trying to create the atmosphere of a natural lagoon, a tropical oasis, or a modern outdoor space? Will your color of choice complement or clash with the rest of your home?
- Water temperature. Darker pool colors reflect less light away from the surface, causing the water in your swimming pool to absorb more heat from the sun.
- Safety. A textured pool surface has better traction than one that’s completely sleek, so it’s not going to be as slippery once it gets wet. This makes it the safer option when choosing the color for your pool surround.
What is the best shape for a swimming pool?
The answer to this question depends entirely on your specific needs and budget, as well as the size and shape of the available space.
Ask yourself the following:
If the answer is yes, you may want to ensure the safety of these swimmers by adding a shallow area and stairs with handrails.
If so, you should make sure the pool is long enough to accommodate this type of workout.
Consider how the pool will fit with its surroundings. For example, a brightly colored kidney or figure 8 swimming pool is unlikely to go well with a house that uses a modern box architecture.
Water features such as fountains and waterfalls can really improve the appearance and functionality of a pool, so you need to make sure the pool’s shape can accommodate them.
Where can I find award-winning San Diego swimming pool builders?
Are you an athlete who’s looking to build a workout-friendly pool similar to the Memorial Pool on your property? Or perhaps you’ve decided to create your very own oasis by adding an indoor spa to your house? Or maybe you’re simply looking for expert guidance on how to properly shock your pool?
At So Cal Custom Pools & Spas, we can do all that and more! Reach out to us today and have your pool-related needs met by the finest swimming pool and spa contractor in San Diego.